Mint Annual Energy Conclave 2016
Energy capacity building is critical to a nation’s progress.
Renewable energy is a key to Energy Security in the future. As India has its own developmental imperatives in the near future, hence it is important to strike a balance between the conventional & renewable sources of energy and rapid societal development & environmental concerns. Renewable energy is taking center stage in discussions on power sector.
As this year’s conference was “Securing India’s green future” the discussions and debates were around how India should shift to non-polluting sources of energy and to design/implement innovative policies and mechanisms around the same as India has tremendous energy needs.
- The conference featured a number of distinguished guests including keynote speakers Dharmendra Pradhan, Hon’ble Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy.– In conversation with Sukumar, Editor, Mint
- The conference outcomes included policy and practical recommendations that would inform the development of long-term national strategies and approaches that would tap renewable sources of energy as they are non-polluting and the need of the hour as India has huge energy demands.
- The conference also explored how India can increase its dependence on renewable sources to secure it’s green future and to drive India’s development by leading a change in generating energy using Renewable Resources like Wind, Sun, Hydro.
- Over 150 people comprising of CXOs from the energy and power sector, PSU heads and policy makers converged at the Conclave.
- Attendees were provided with a unique opportunity to engage in meaningfully animated discussions with leaders from this field.
- The conclave witnessed some of India’s most authoritative voices debating critical issues pertaining to energy sector focusing on futuristic and clean energy.
“Securing India’s green future”
Venue and Date
5th October, New Delhi