Annual Energy Conclave 2015
Energy capacity building is critical to a nation’s progress. Hence, the central aim of the conference was to provide a forum for a critical examination of the efficacy of national strategies for augmenting energy generation with a focus on building this capacity with renewable energy sources.
The theme of the conference “Current Power Scenario and the Road Ahead” emphasized the desire to move beyond energy generation for the myriad challenges and opportunities that face India, and to explore instead strategies for executing already laid plans as per the future power requirements. Power is one of the most critical components of infrastructure, affecting India’s economic growth.
- The conference featured a number of distinguished guests including keynote speakers Dharmendra Pradhan, Honble Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Piyush Goyal, Honble Minister for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy.
- The conference outcomes included policy and practical recommendations that would inform the development of long-term national strategies and approaches that address current challenges faced by India to be energy sufficient.
- The conference also explored how India can increase its dependence on renewable sources and how technology has proved to be a disruptor in this sector as well.
- Over 200 people comprising of CXOs from the energy and power sector, PSU heads and policy makers converged at the Conclave.
- Attendees were provided with a unique opportunity to engage in meaningfully animated discussions with leaders from this field.
- The conclave witnessed some of India’s most authoritative voices debating critical issues pertaining to energy sector.
The event comprised of a series of three panel discussions on various critical issues faced by Indian Energy sector.
Panel on New Political Economy Of Oil
Panel on Technology Acting as a Disruptor
Panel on Renewable Energy
The discussion was moderated by Utpal Bhaskar, Energy Editor, Mint.
Venue and Date
Venue : Taj Mansingh, New Delhi
Date : 28th August, 2015